Monday, July 9, 2012

Whole Foods Plant Based Diet - What am I going to eat today?

So the big question everyday is, "What am I going to eat?" I must say for as small as I am you would think I eat like a little bird, but no no, that is not the case. I love food. I mean I'm not super adventurous with my food choices, but if someone told me I couldn't eat I think I'd cry. (I actually did have a mini meltdown when I was told I had GD with my first pregnancy. I mean come on, you do not tell a pregnant women that she has to watch what she eats...especially a women who was craving ice cream 24/7)

On this new "lifestyle change" I can still have a bowl of cereal, or waffles....it just has to be cereal that isn't loaded with sugar and the waffles need to be less processed.
One example of a great hot breakfast that I really am enjoying is oatmeal. Who knew oatmeal was so good for your body, and that it can actually taste good, if you put yummies into it.

Breakfast:
Hot oatmeal
Mix in:
nuts, berries, and milled flax seed
Drink with:
Orange juice and non-dairy milk

Lunch:
I cheated today and had a "fake" chicken patty, on a whole-wheat bun, with spinach, sliced tomato, and humus.
For my side I had carrot sticks
My drink of choice is water

Snacks:
Bananas, apples, chips & salsa

My cheat:
Today's cheat was chocolate pudding (made with soy milk, but still, the sugar probably isn't the best for me, but hey I need chocolate)

Dinner:
Pasta with red spaghetti sauce and vegetables
slice of whole wheat bread - with a sliver of real butter (I know I know)
glass of soy milk

I know that this meal is not a complete meal, but that is okay. I am still learning. I take a multivitamin, and I know that I'm eating better than before, and moving forward is way better than snack cakes, white bread, hot dogs, and extra cheese pizza. One meal at a time!

New favorite recipe and informational blogs:
Oh She Glows
PETA

No comments:

Post a Comment